Why should you use a VPN Android application?
A VPN Android application keeps your online data and activities safer on all networks you join. After all, most people cannot imagine leaving their house without mobile devices. Throughout the day, they can rely on cellular data or public Wi-Fi for internet connection.
However, most public Wi-Fi lacks security, potentially exposing your activities to random snoopers or network managers. VPN encrypts your internet traffic, protecting it from interception and tracking. Also, your real IP address gets masked and replaced with a new IP.
How to use a VPN Android app?
A Virtual Private Network on Android does not require any technical knowledge or manual configuration. After choosing a suitable VPN server, you can establish a VPN connection in seconds. After that, each online activity and internet traffic will get encrypted and rerouted.
Here is a beginner-friendly guide for setting up a VPN Android app:
- Pick one of the Android VPNs available online. Atlas VPN is one of them! We support smartphones and offer unlimited simultaneous connections.
- Create an account or go premium. We offer several free server locations to our users. However, premium unlocks handy features on our applications.
- Install the Android application. The easiest way is to download a VPN through Google Play Store.
- Link your account to the VPN Android app and connect. Choose which server works for you, or try the quick-connect feature. It establishes the optimal connection.
Reasons to get a VPN on your Android smartphone
A VPN obfuscates your online identity by making entities believe you browse from a different location. It also guarantees higher security levels on all networks, regardless of their reliability.
Here are the main reasons you should enable a VPN Android app on your smartphone.
Security on public Wi-Fi with a VPN Android app
Unknown networks are abundant in risks. For instance, data exchanged while connected to free Wi-Fi is vulnerable. Criminals could even capture sensitive details like Social Security Numbers or passwords.
Therefore, a seemingly harmless Wi-Fi hotspot could lead toor fast loans taken in your name. Other public hotspot risks include:
- Accidentally connecting to a rogue network or an evil twin. Criminals could create free Wi-Fi hotspots as bait to lure unsuspecting users.
- Man-in-the-middle attacks. Perpetrators could position themselves as intermediaries between a device and a vulnerable network. Then, they get to see everything you request and do.
- Snooping done by network managers. Even networks at reputable establishments can be greedy. For instance, users might need to agree to specific terms and conditions before connecting to a hotspot. Such documents explain questionable tracking practices, which you should not agree with.
A Virtual Private Network fixes many prominent security issues with public Wi-Fi. It encrypts online traffic, making it unreadable to anyone attempting to snoop.
Even network managers won’t be able to retrieve insights about your online activities. It helps against bothand legit but overly intrusive ones.
Protect your smartphone while traveling
Smartphones likely won’t leave your side during your local or international trip. Travelers put their faith in these devices for navigation or contacting family and friends.
However, sightseeing in a foreign destination is nerve-wracking, and cellular plan expenses can skyrocket. Thus, you will likely connect to random Wi-Fi networks to remain within your budget.
A VPN assists you at every step of your traveling journey. Since it guarantees, you won’t have to enable cellular data. However, a VPN has other tricks up its sleeve to help travelers save money.
It can work against price discrimination based on users’ locations. For instance, you can check car rental or hotel prices with an IP address pinpointing the intended destination. Local clients will likely get better prices for services, accommodations, or flights.
A VPN Android app for lifting network restrictions
Network managers can decide what type of activities can occur via their hotspots. For instance, corporate networks can block access to common distractions like social media or streaming services. Similar restrictions can occur on any network.
A smartphone protected by a VPN does not give details about your activities. Thus, restrictions may not work if your destinations and requests get encrypted and rerouted.
Access to foreign and local content with a VPN Android
Sometimes, certain local services won’t work with anpinpointing a locale abroad. However, you do not want to disable a VPN connection fully. Luckily, you can decide which Android apps’ traffic gets encrypted and rerouted.
We offer split tunneling in Android for browsing local and foreign content at once. Essentially, you get to decide which apps should work outside the VPN tunnel. The most common situation is when users disable a VPN for local banking apps.
Improve mobile gaming with a VPN Android app
Mobile gaming has never been more popular. You can try everything from simplistic puzzles to full-fledged battle royale titles. However, mobile players encounter many issues similar to the ones experienced with consoles or PCs:
- Online gaming restrictions on networks, from throttling to blocks.
- Higher game prices for users in certain regions.
- DDoS ( ) attacks pushing players offline by flooding devices with bogus traffic.
Internet traffic rerouting and encryption might fight back against ISP speed throttling. So, it can reduce lag and ping.
Furthermore, a VPN hides your smartphone’s IP address, meaning DDoS should not be able to flood it with traffic. Lastly, it lets you explore game prices by switching your virtual location to various regions.
VPN Android app helps against mobile ads
Smartphone users know the struggle of safely evading mobile ads. They can appear unexpectedly, and you need to exit them without tapping on them. After all, some of these ads can be dangerous, misleading, or. Interaction with them can trigger unwanted downloads, trackers, and redirects to shady websites.
Not all VPNs can block ads and trackers. However, we are glad to state that Atlas VPN offers a SafeBrowse feature. In addition to preventing random pop-ups and other forms of mobile ads, it can block malicious scripts and trackers.
Try a VPN Android app for free or at a budget-friendly price
Atlas VPN supports the most popular operating systems, including Android. Our apps have many advantages, like live chat customer support, several VPN protocols, and a number of servers.
You can also connect to our free VPN servers, but premium subscriptions are game-changers. Pick a suitable plan with no risk: a 30-day money-back guarantee protects each purchase!